As I hone my homemaking skills, I cherish quick and easy meal recipes. There are some nights that a girl just doesn’t
want to have time to put a full meal out on the table. Tonight I whipped up something that was too quick, easy, and delicious to keep all to ourselves.
I’ve decided to call it Hot Pepper Chicken Pasta (Leigh could probably come up with a better name (she’s an excellent namer), but that’s all I got)
Hot Pepper Chicken Pasta
Prep Time: 2 seconds Cook Time: 20 minutes
- chicken breasts (or cutlets)
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- tomato sauce
- heavy cream
- Heat a large pot of water until boiling. Add spaghetti, cook al dente and drain. Return pasta to pot.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over med-high heat. Add diced garlic and red pepper flakes. In terms of the red pepper – more is more.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and add to the oil. Cook until brown. Add salt and pepper and more red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add cooked chicken to pasta.
- Top with equal portions of tomato sauce and heavy cream. Simmer on low until hot.
Ta-da! Your basic chicken pasta (with a bit of a kick)…
…ok that’s not exactly the pasta I made tonight…but this is better than the picture I just took of mine…
Serve and enjoy!
click photo for credit